Overview video on how to upload CSVs for analysis
Using the CSV Source type you can upload your spreadsheets of data to Caravel to analyze any fields of open text.
- 1.Navigate to the main flyout menu and select Sources
- 2.Click New Source
- 3.Select CSV Upload as the type
- 4.Give your CSV Source a name and description and click Continue
- 5.Click Attach a .CSV file, navigate to your file and select it, and click Continue and move on to the Import step
As you select columns, the preview box enables you to preview the imported data for the first 10 rows.
This is the column or columns of text you want to analyze. You can analyze multiple columns by clicking the +Add Column button and selecting a new column name from the drop-down list.
You import two optional origin properties into Caravel from your CSVs:
- Origin Name - This is the name of the platform where this data originated. Example: App Store, 2021 NPS, etc.
- Origin URL - The unique URL of the record in each row. If selected, within Caravel's interface, it will be added as a link so you can easily view the original record.
You import two optional metadata properties into Caravel from you CSVs:
- Customer Name - The name of the person who you want to link the record to
- Date - The date of the record. This will be used to map out your data over time in your reports so we highly recommend you set this!
- Ignore first row (selected by default) - Tells Caravel to skip the first row, which is typically headers, while importing
- Remove duplicates (selected by default) - If selected, Caravel will skip selected text fields that are exact duplicates
- Redact sensitive information - If selected, Caravel will predict and redact any PII (email, address, SSN, etc.) from the Select Text while importing