Clipping web content
Clipper is a Chrome Extension that allows you to submit any text (emails, tickets, reviews, notes, social comments, transcripts, etc.) from any website or web-based application to Caravel for analysis.
- 2.Click Add extension
- 3.In the upper right corner of the Chrome window, you will see a puzzle icon, click this to open your extensions panel
- 4.Look for Caravel Clipper in the list and click the pin icon to place a shrotcut to Clipper next to the URL bar
Click the pin icon in the extensions window in Google Chrome
Once you've installed Clipper you'll need to sign in via the plugin before you can clip and analyze. You can do this through Google auth or email & password. Choose the method that you normally used when creating your Caravel account. If you haven't created a Caravel account, be sure to do Signup for an account first.
Before you save text you need a Clipper source in Caravel to send your web clips to. To add a Clipper source:
- 1.Navigate to Sources from the main side menu
- 2.In the sources list, click New Source
- 3.Select Clipper as the type
- 4.Give it a Name and Description and hit Create Source
Clipper type from the New Source options
To send web text to your newly created Clipper source, simply highlight text on a webpage in Chromthen open Clipper. Clipper will automatically copy over the highlighted text into its text area field.
Highlighted text is automatically copied into Clipper's text area input
Clipper will automatically save the Source Title, URL, and Date Filed.
Clipper can automatically detect the Customer Name in the following web-based applications